If you have a garden and you have been having a hard time keeping up with how to properly water it, or if your plants just seem to be dying and you’re not sure of why, it may be because your garden is not being watered (or “irrigated”) properly or enough. Let us give you some tips on how to make your garden healthier and greener than ever!
Garden irrigation tips:
- It is best to water your garden in the morning before the sun becomes more intense later in the day to prevent from attracting insects and/or fungus
- Water deeply at the base and at few intervals to reach the roots (the part of the plant that needs the water most)
- Water your lawn by providing it with at least 1 inch of water per week
- Use irrigation systems that allow you to adjust water patterns in your garden as necessary
- Use a hose to water the base of your vegetables (not the leaves of the plant)
- Use beds of composted mulch to cool soil and maintain moisture (also a great way to prevent weeds)
We hope the tips listed above are able to help you when learning how to properly water/irrigate your garden, if you have any further questions, give us a call today!